Rich and engaging problem solving activities for the new curriculum.
Developed for the new national curriculum for mathematics, Maths for the More Able resource packs provide a rich bank of maths activities that enable children to explore curriculum content in greater depth and develop problem solving skills.
The activities are all themed around the first human colonisation of Mars to provide context and engage bright young minds.
- Engage and excite pupils using challenging space-themed problem-solving activities
- Gain the confidence to stretch your more-able pupils in mathematics
- Adapt and edit activities and create your own resources
- Give pupils opportunities to explore and apply National Curriculum maths content
Maths for the More Able has been created in association with NACE: the National Association for Able Children in Education and is underpinned by the q
What you get in this series
- Maths for the More Able covers years 2-6 with a Teacher’s Guide and CD-ROM with permanent whole-school site licence.
Teacher’s Guides contain:
- 22 Mars themed pupil activities (photocopiable)
- Opportunities to apply knowledge at 3 progressively more challenging levels
- Accompanying teacher’s support with background knowledge and how to run the activity
- All answers provided
Networkable CD-Roms include
- All activities in printable and editable form
- Permanent whole-school site licence
Maths for the More Able in action
Find out how Maths for the More Able deepens pupils’ understanding of the new maths curriculum and see it in action at Farnborough Primary School.