This resource will help transform poetry sessions, build teacher confidence and pupil engagement.
- Includes ‘read-aloud’ recordings of over 50 poems, across the series, for use in class
- Explores a range of wonderful poems using the detailed, step-by-step teaching notes
- Encourages children to interpret the poems via warm-up activities, discussion and modelling
- Develops performance techniques, particularly intonation, tone and volume
Each Poetry by Heart pack includes:
- A Teacher’s Book with comprehensive notes on each poem, photocopiable versions of the poem itself plus a bank of warm-up games and activities geared to each year group
- A CD-ROM containing audio files of each poem being read aloud in two alternative styles, a bank of warm-up games with visual and audio plus PDFs of the poems for projection onto the whiteboard
- Includes permanent whole-school licence
Covers Foundation, Key Stage 1, Lower Key Stage 2 and Upper Key Stage 2. Published by Rising Stars.
Malborough Road Academy on using Poetry by Heart